Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Health Series: Beauty 'In Beauty Drink


With summer just around the corner, and having put off the usual new year gym and diet regime for as long as possible, over the past few weeks I have finally found the motivation. I've been eating better going to bootcamp, and doing gym classes, and while I've had more than my fair share of weak moments, I'm generally feeling all the better for it.
I'm the sort of person who naturally enjoys healthier options, so it's not something that is a problem for me, but over the winter, I seemed to have developed a bit too much of a soft spot for comforting foods, and along with them, a complete lack of willpower. I'll always choose brown rice or bread over white, and whenever I cook, my plate is guaranteed to be crammed with colourful vegetables. But that doesn't mean that I don't have a major weakness for chocolate, takeaways and the like. So, in order to facilitate my new healthier lifestyle (because let's face it, who was really that eager to go to the gym in the winter?), I've been surrounding myself with a plethora of foods and drinks that will help me along the way.

The first of these is Beauty 'In's Beauty Drink*, a new generation of natural and refreshing beverages which contain nutrients which enhance brain function, lessen the effects of cortisol stressors and increase serotonin production, inducing a feeling of wellbeing - and goodness knows, being the often-stressed type, these are all things I would happily accept into my life.

With various options containing  vitamins A, C, E, B2 and B6, the drinks come in a variety of flavours, and I was very kindly sent both the Acai, Grape and Hibiscus - which also contains skin-plumping hydrolised collagen - and Raspberry, Blueberry and Acai, with folic acid, calcium and collagen.
The drinks come in your standard plastic bottle with a handy pull-up cap, but if you look a little closer, there is a difference. All the vitamins and minerals the drink boasts are in fact contained in a separate section, so after removing the lid, you push down the dosing cap, releasing them into the water. Shake well, and your Beauty Drink is ready to go.

The drinks themselves taste very much like any normal fruit-flavoured still spring water, so are very pleasant to sip on. There are lots of other options to choose from, with eight in total, and as well as the drinks, Beauty In also offer Beauty Bars - organic cereal cubes with added vitamins, collagen and golden linseed - and Beauty Candy, which are sweets, again containing added health benefits.

The drinks are a welcome addition to my routine, and I like to keep one on my desk at work for a mid-afternoon boost. They aren't the sort of things you will drink and see a noticeable difference, but anything that promotes serotonin production and helps combat stress has got to be worth a pop in my book. I'm constantly trying to boost my daily water intake, and these are a great way to do so. Similarly, the Beauty Bars make a great healthy snack, and if over time they can benefit my health in other ways, as well as fortifying skin and nails and aiding hangover recovery, then I'm happy to indulge.

All products are scientifically proven to enhance the appearance of your skin, and are part of a new category of beauty and health products known as 'Alimetics' - a fusion of 'food', 'vitamins' and 'cosmetics'.
If you'd like to give the range a go, then check out Harvey Nicholls,Selfridges, Revital and and Amazon.

Have you tried any other health and beauty-enhancing foods or drinks?
If so then let me know in the comments and I will see if I can track them down.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk