Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Topshop Brighten Concealer




As part of my birthday present, I received a few new items of Topshop makeup, one of those being the Brighten concealer in the shade Moonlight.
This product claims to be a long-wearing concealer which flawlessly disguises dark circles, with an even and seamless finish, so obviously from the off this was going to be my kind of product!
The concealer comes in a pen form with a brush applicator, not unlike the YSL Touche Eclat and the thousands of other imitations which have since appeared on the market. I do find this quite handy, especially for use on the go, but as with all pen concealers I tend to find it a little bit awkward to dispense. The first time I used this, I had to twist it up several zillion times before any product began to emerge, but while some pens tend to suddenly, unexpectedly overflow in an instant, this one doesn't. However, I do find that some time is wasted having to twist and click it before every use, as it's a little bit backwards in coming forwards. I find that for me, the brush tip is not sufficient for blending alone, and I generally use either my Real Techniques setting brush (hey, never mind the name - it does the job), or pat it in with my fingertips.
Moonlight is a pale salmon pink colour, and I find this doubles up as a pretty highlighter on the inner corners of the eye and on top of the cheekbones, though personally I don't often use it for that purpose as I have several highlighting products to choose from.
Now, this does do a fairly good job of disguising dark circles, but it's not for those of you who need something heavy duty as it's quite light. I enjoy using it on those days where I'm looking reasonably ok upon waking, and want to perk up my eyes a bit and go for a nice natural, no make-up look. In terms of actual coverage though, I still swear by my Mac Pro Longwear concealer, as that's the only one I've come across that really ticks all the boxes when I'm looking tired and run-down.

Have you tried any Topshop makeup?
What are your favourite products?

xx

14 comments:

  1. Great review and photos :) This product looks nice. I adore Topshop makeup especially there nail polishes and lipsticks.

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to try some topshop makeup products, pronto. I don't use the little brushes that come attached to these types of concealer either, they just don't blend the product at all do they.
    Megan xx

    www.maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they are rubbish!
      I'd definitely suggest trying the lipsticks and blushes first, they are what Topshop do best :)xx

      Delete
  3. Great post I find that with own conclear that u twist forever lol xxx

    mrsbeautyjunkie83.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds a lovely little product, however my dark circles are horrendous so I would need something much thicker I think.

    Lovely review :D
    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, same! Try the Mac Pro Longwear maybe, it's really good xx

      Delete
  5. Great review lovely! It sounds good but I think I'll have to pass cuz I usually like more thick and not as light under eye concealers! :))

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, give Mac Pro Longwear a go - best I've tried!xx

      Delete
  6. I actually really like Topshop products :) love their packaging too!
    Your new follower, Jessie @ allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the packaging of this. Its a shame it doesn't really cove though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it would be fine for anyone who doesn't have particularly dark circles, or on 'good' days though xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk