Monday, June 24, 2013

The Duty-Free Wish List


With my move home now just around the corner, I've inevitably got a lot on my mind. There's a new house to consider, a new job....and then of course, there's the Duty Free! 
The closer we get, the less I am able to stop myself dreaming about all those beautiful high-end products, and while there is more chance of me winning the lottery than actually buying all of this stuff, a girl can dream. So, I thought that in order to get it all out of my system, I'd pop together a 'little' wishlist of the bits and bobs that have been filling my mental un-shopping list over the past few weeks, and looking at it, it probably isn't even the half of it. Fingers crossed, I might be lucky enough to pick up a couple of bits in Paris, so I'm going to have to get narrowing things down to the bare essentials. 
Nope, not fooling anyone, am I - no essentials here. But they are just so pretty....

I know I said I'd had it with BB Creams, but a little voice has been nudging me in the direction of the Diorskin Nude BB for some time now, in spite of myself. For a start, it's Dior, and I can't imagine anything with that name on it being sub-standard. Today though, it's place on my wish list was cemented when I watched this Vivianna Does Makeup video and saw with my own eyes just how beautiful it is. It seems to give such a gorgeous, natural glow as well as evening things out quite impressively, so it's now become a summer must for me.
I'm also in need of a new foundation, and have had my eye on both the Laura Mercier Silk Creme and Nars Sheer Glow foundations since last year, so I'm hoping to finally pick one of those up. The Nars Creamy Concealer also looks promising for under-eye circles, so I've thrown that one in for good measure.
I really fancy finally treating myself to one of the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks, another long-coveted product for which I just haven't been able to justify the price. They have to be the most beautifully packaged lipsticks of all time though, and one day a coral or peachy shade shall be mine.
Aside from that, I'm itching to give the Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow a go, as it looks like the perfect partner when it comes to contouring. The Hydra Veil has also been calling my name. It's a gel-powder base which is applied before your foundation for a flawless look, and to say I'm intrigued would be an understatement.
Last but not least, I need to stock up on perfumes, which is something I always tend to do when going through duty-free - I don't buy them for myself unless I'm travelling, and I'm running really low at the moment.

And that is it. I say this, but you know there are tons more things popping into my head as I write. Fingers crossed I won't have any currency in the airport, and then I won't be able to do any damage!

Ha. I jest. 

(Sort of).

xx

16 comments:

  1. Great wishlist! I love the Silk Creme - I'm sure you'll love it. The finish is amazing!!!!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I hope S.C. lives up to the hype! I'm actually not sure Laura Mercier is available in duty free, but still - there's always Space NK ;)xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's so nice, isn't it. I haven't had the chance to try Dot yet but am hoping that one will be quite nice too as I will need more of a wintry scent before long!xx

      Delete
  3. Amazing wish list. I will definitely be picking up some of these bits in duty free this year... with my classic perfume purchase which i always make haha. xxo
    The Edge of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, perfume has just got to be done in duty free, hasn't it!xx

      Delete
  4. Loving the wish list.

    Big fan of Chloe here. The amount of bottles I've been through, it does get expensive. Duty free is the way to go!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I must agree - to be honest I don't think duty free is all that much cheaper anyway, but there's this myth that says it is so it's a good excuse to make to the hubby! ;)xx

      Delete
  5. you have to treat yourself to that YSL lipstick i have one and its my fav it goes on so nice like a balm and smells divine!!!

    i have the chloe perfume which i think is a bit too floral for me but saying that i also have the marco jacobs one which i really like (I'm funny with perfumes)

    great wish list each product is worth of its place haha.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh go on then, if you insist! ;) You enabler.
      I'm not actually sure if that is the Chloe perfume I liked, as I sampled it a year ago now - I actually think it was the one in the pink bottle. I'm not a fan of overly floral ones either so will have to get testing when I'm at the airport xx

      Delete
  6. Great wishlist! Love the sound of the Nars concealer. I hope everything is going well with planning the move, you must be so excited xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed! Yep, really do want that Nars concealer but really, £21!? Not sure I can justify it :-/ xx

      Delete
  7. These all sound lovely! I really want to try Hydra Veil, and the Dior BB Cream sounds amazing in every review I've read.
    Good luck with the move, hope everything goes well :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I'm going to have to keep a tight hold on my purse strings (odd saying - purses don't even have strings!?) when I'm at the airport. I'm now going via Amsterdam and have got four hours to burn while there!xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk