Friday, May 31, 2013

Review: Topshop Cream Blush in Flush







Yes, I've been naughty again and had a sneaky try of this before getting my camera out, but just look at it. It's just such a beautiful bright coral that I challenge anyone to resist dipping into it the second they get it home.

Now I do love a good cream blush, especially when spring and summer roll round, and Topshop's offerings are no exception. The lightweight cream to powder formula is a dream to work with, blending easily into the skin to give a luminous, radiant finish. Personally, I can't see anything powdery about them at all, even after application, as they leave a dewy, just-bitten effect on the cheeks, and as an added bonus they are really buildable. So for anyone who is new to brighter blushes and just fancies dipping their toe in, then look no further - a light application of this with my Real Techniques stippling brush creates a subtle wash of colour, while a heavier hand results in a vibrant pop.
Flush itself is what I would call a true coral, which along with the light consistency makes it a match made in heaven when it comes to fresh, summery makeup looks. In terms of the photos, there is quite some variation in the way that the shade comes across, so go by the last image for the greatest accuracy, as it's pretty true to life.
The only down-side, I would say, is that I find the wear time a little lacking when compared to, say, a Mac powder blush. I do find that I have to re-apply about half way through the day, but personally I can live with with that in exchange for this stunningly beautiful colour.
Flush has fast become my most reached for blush of the season, and between this and my Mac Peachykeen there's not much more I could ask for for the next few months. Saying that, I have been eyeing up one or two of the other Topshop shades, most notably of all Head Over Heels and Morning Dew.

All shades are available from the Topshop website, for a very reasonable £6.

Have you tried any of the Topshop cream blushes? What are your favourite cheek products for spring and summer?

xx


22 comments:

  1. What a pretty colour! I've still not tried any topshop make-up and I really need too!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should, it gives Mac a run for it's money in terms of quality, only it's much more reasonably priced :)xx

      Delete
  2. I have this and love it! I'm looking into buying more :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly got another one at the weekend but had to exercise some restraint! Rubenesque looks lovely xx

      Delete
  3. I havent tried any topshop makeup yet, really need to buy a few bits!The blushes are at the top of my list xx

    Zoe | Sweet Electric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blushes and lipsticks are the best :)xx

      Delete
  4. This looks like a lovely shade. I still haven't tried any topshop makeup I really need to, when I think of makeup I automatically head for boots or Superdrug :/
    Megan xx

    www.maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean! Once you've tried it you won't forget it though as they have some really nice stuff xx

      Delete
  5. Need. This. x

    ravesndramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Topshop cream blushes are the BEST especially for the price! I have the shade head of heels which I bought last summer and I adore it. Yesterday I bought afternoon tea party? I think it's called and I can tell its going to be a winner too! The consistency is so perfect and you really can't fault them! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just fantastic, aren't they - and the shades are much more exciting than the Mac Cremeblend ones. Ahh, I've seen that shade, looks so pretty!xx

      Delete
  7. This is such a gorgeous colour! I love Topshop makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely and even if I didnt like the blusher, I like the packaging xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous colour Mel - perfect for summer as you say! Love cream blushes in the summer! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dying to try Topshop's cream blushers, I've always been curious but you've definitely sold me! x

    Alannah | www.keddiescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really really want to try these. Flush looks such a pretty shade, perfect for summer! xx
    http://www.dolleduplondon.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk