Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review: Mac Blush in Peachy Keen





As we all know very well, a girl can never have too many Mac blushes, and you might remember seeing in last month's beauty haul video that on my last trip to my closest shop, I picked up a new Sheertone Shimmer blush in the shade Peachykeen.
Sheertone Shimmer blushes are, as you would expect, quite sheer, but can be built up to achieve a bright pop of colour if that's the look you prefer. They also contain hint of shimmer, and while tiny flecks of glitter are detectable in the pan, they don't transfer onto the face at all, appearing only as a beautifully subtle golden sheen. 
 Peachykeen is described by Mac as a 'very baby peach', and I have to say, it looks nothing like the swatch on their website, which is more of a reddish plum shade. It's a good job we have beauty blogs to help us out with things like this! Personally, I'd describe Peachykeen as a dark pinky-peach - it's not a soft pastel peach, and there is definitely something a bit earthier about it.
I had actually had no intention of taking home a blush when I popped into the Mac shop, but the assistant there kindly swiped some onto my cheeks to complement a couple of other products I was trying out, which I purchased, satisfied, and left. But for the rest of the day, which I was spending doing a bit of clothes shopping, whenever I caught sight of myself in the mirror I was impressed with the healthy glow I seemed to be exuding. Of course, I had the blush to thank for this, and by the end of the day I had swiftly popped back and snapped it up. It's now become my most-used powder blush, as it's such a flattering, wearable shade, and the subtle, radiant glow it provides is enough to perk up any tired, run-down or lacklustre face. Although it's sheer, it's also highly pigmented, so a light hand is recommended when applying it. It wears well too, and is still going fairly strong by the time I get home after a day at work. For me, this was my first Sheertone Shimmer blush, and after it's success I have now got my eye on Springsheen and Peachtwist.

What's your favourite Mac blush formulation?
Have you tried any of the Sheertone Shimmer shades?

xx

14 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, I can it looking really nice on you!
    MAC are fiends for making you buy more than you intend to arent they haha :)
    Poppy | far away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Poppy :) Yeah, they really are! But I kind of like it in a way, as I have found a couple of products I probably wouldn't have picked up myself by them popping some on my face along with another product I'd asked about!xx

      Delete
  2. I have Peachykeen as well- its such a lovely shade- may have to look into Springsheen and peachtwist right now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going into Mac next week so will have to contain myself, I've got my eye on a couple of the creamblend blushes too :)xx

      Delete
  3. I have Springsheen, best blush ever! Such a wearable shade all year round, gives a really radiant healthy glow, get Springsheen! I have a review on it here if you'd like to see http://nouvellebeau.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/blushers-threes-crowd.html it's quite an old post so excuse any silly mistakes etc xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's probably going to happen to be honest! Ha. I will have a look hun, thanks xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful colour! I bet it will look gorgeous on you, with your dark hair and eyes :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't tried any Mac blushers Mel but I love the colour of yours! Tired, run-down and lacklustre - this is an exact decription of my face at the moment - going to have to pop into Debenhams Mac store and have a look now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you really not?? I would definitely recommend this one then, I think it would really suit you. Let me know if you get it!xx

      Delete
  6. This blush look beautiful would love to see a FOTD where you are wearing it :)

    http://cosmeticcomforts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch this space lovely, I'm sure I'll pop one up soon. I've been avoiding selfies lately as my skin hasn't been behaving, but it's on the mend now so will try to do some daily makeup posts :)xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk