Monday, April 15, 2013

The Evening Face: Birthday Makeup



Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup
Mac Pro-Longwear Concealer in NC30
MUA Bronzed Perfection Bronzer
Mac Sheertone Blush in Peachykeen
Mac Paint Pot in Groundwork
MUA Undressed Palette (Shades 6 and 7)
L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara
MUA Pro Brow Kit
Mac Amplified Creme Lipstick in Impassioned

Excuse the bad photo!


It was my birthday on Thursday, but as I had to work that evening we saved the going out for dinner and drinks for the Friday night, and this is the look I chose to go for.
I had been shopping in Mac that day and picked up the Groundwork Paint Pot and Sheertone blush in Peachykeen, so I was 'keen' (if you'll excuse the pun!) to put them to the test for my special night.
I first applied my Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup, which is a great base for nights out as it doesn't contain any SPF, meaning no ghostly white face in photos. It's pretty light coverage, which is fine for me, but might not be your cup of tea if you prefer something a bit fuller.
Next, I used my Mac Pro-Longwear concealer in NC30 to cover dark circles and blemishes. Although this shade is a little bit dark, it blends like a dream, and is fantastic at covering up anything you don't want to be noticed.
Next up, a bit of contouring with the MUA Bronzed Perfection bronzer, as well as a light dusting over the forehead and down my nose for a bit of an extra glow, and a fairly generous wash of the Mac Peachykeen blush on my cheeks. I opted not to use a highlighter on this occasion, as the blush I was going for gave me all the healthy glowiness I needed.
For my eyes, I popped on a layer of the Mac Groundwork Paint Pot, all over the lids, before adding a wash of gold (MUA Undressed Palette Shade 6) and then a pop of bronze on the outer corners. I blended everything out to create a bit of smokiness, and added lashings of L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara, which I find really defines and lengthens my lashes, as well as pumping up the volume.
I of course couldn't leave without filling in and defining my brows without my trusty MUA Pro Brow Kit, which I'm always grateful for, as I find that neat brows really frame the face, and make  a huge difference to the overall look.
Last but not least, I went for a Mac lipstick in Impassioned, which is a gorgeous bright fuchsia pink, and I was good to go!
You may have also noticed that I now have a full fringe as opposed to a side one, which I decided to cut in myself on a whim on Saturday morning! I really quite like it and am enjoying the change.

So that was my birthday makeup look - keep an eye out for tomorrow's post, where I'll be sharing with you the outfit I chose for the night.

Hope everyone has a great week!

xx


11 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful birthday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Hope you had a great birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really lovely, I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely gorgeous Mel, loving the hair too! Hope you had a lovely birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning Mel! Love the full fringe - really suits you! Hope you had a lovely birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. Fancied a change! I had a great birthday, thanks xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! The lipstick is amazing. M x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk