Monday, April 1, 2013

Quick Review: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque


I'm always on the look-out for something to whip my dry, damaged hair back into shape. Nobody wants to have to walk around with a dull, frizzy mop of hair now, do they?
I've heard so many good things about the Macadamia range across the bloggosphere, and about a year ago there was something of a craze for this line, particularly the Deep Repair Masque. But as I was getting on just fine with my hair at the time, I didn't really take much notice.
Fast-forward a year, and I'm in dire need, having tried and cast aside many a deep conditioning treatment since having my hair ombred around eight months ago. So, rather than fork out for a whole tub of this stuff and risk further disappointment, I decided to order a few sachets from Ebay and see what all the fuss was about.

Enriched with macadamia and Argan oils, this deeply nourishing mask claims to provide locks with long-lasting conditioning, as well as penetrating and rebuilding damaged hair, improving shine and elasticity. Tea-tree oil, chamomile oil and algae also give the hair a rejuvenating boost.

I spread this generously through my hair from the mid-lengths down to the ends, avoiding the roots and combing through with a wide-toothed comb for even distribution. It's recommended that you leave it on for seven minutes, but having now made my way through a few sachets, I've experimented with this a bit to see if the results would differ. It's thick and creamy in texture, and has a lovely salon smell, making it a pleasure to pop on while having a nice relaxing bath.

One sachet is enough for about three treatments, which I thought was pretty good. The masque is available in three different sizes from the Macadamia Hair website - 100ml (£12.50), 250ml (£23.95) and 500ml (36.75). I think it's great that they have these options, as if you know that it works for you then you can save money by buying a larger tub. Equally, you can try out a smaller one if you are unsure, without investing too much money, although I do think it's a shame the sachets aren's available as they are on the US website (here) for just $4. Still, there is always Ebay.

So, what did I think?
Well, unfortunately this did absolutely nothing for me. My hair felt vaguely conditioned, as it would do from using any standard conditioner, but there was no softness, shine or bounce, and the ends of my hair were still just as frizzy when they dried. As I mentioned before, I did give this numerouse goes, but sadly it has failed to impress me.
Having said this, I know that this product has something of a cult following, so as always, it just goes to show that different things work well for different people. I'm actually beginning to wonder whether there is a product out there that can penetrate my locks and do some sort of good at all, or if it is just beyond help. I've recently had the ends chopped, but it hasn't made a huge difference to the condition.

The search continues!

xx




1 comment:

  1. Personally I love this mask. I am a big fan of it and this post reminds me that I actually havent used it for a while...I might use it tonight.

    If you want to try something natural but really good, try coconut oil (pure) Left on overnight, its the BEST hair mask. Coconut oil is one of the only oils in the world that can actually penetrate the hair shaft. Its a bit hard to wash off but SUPER effective and of course its 100% natural...

    Try it and let me know what you think!

    http://www.allthatslap.com/

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk