Saturday, March 9, 2013

Last Minute Mother's Day Dash!

Ren Moroccan Rose Experience Gift Set, Marks and Spencer  -  Spring Days Bouquet, Marks and Spencer  -  Orange Grove Signature Candle, The White Company  -  Indulgent Spa Day for Two, Marks and Spencer  -  Mini Macaroons, Marks and Spencer  - Home Scenting Gift Set, Neom  -   La Petite Patisserie Quartet in Creme de Pistache, Laura Mercier  -  Full Moon Soak, Soak Yourself

It's Saturday night. You've forgotten it's Mother's Day tomorrow. That, or you've been so busy all week that you just haven't had the chance to pick up something lovely for the special lady in your life. Cue a mad Sunday morning dash to the shops to find something equally special.
If that's you, then fear not, because there are loads of gorgeous gifts out there to please any mother, and here I've put together a selection of my top picks. 
First things first, why not surprise her with this Ren Moroccan Rose Experience Gift Set, which contains a selection of Rose Otto products, including body wash, body cream, bath oil and body oil. I nearly got this one for my own mum, as it's got everything in there to have a nice, luxurious Sunday afternoon pamper session. 
On the subject of baths and pampering, I can't imagine any mother who wouldn't be thrilled to bits to receive the Soak Yourself Full Moon Soak Box, which is packed with goodies such as handmade soap, candles and a relaxing blend of tea. It's quite pricey at £40, but I love the idea and think it would be perfect for unwinding at the end of a stressful week.
There seems to be a bit of a theme here, as next up is the luxurious Neom Home Scenting Gift Set, containing aromas of lavender, jasmine and Brazilian Rosewood. You get a warming candle designed to evoke feelings of peace and tranquility, a gentle pillow spray for refreshing sleep and of course, a diffuser through which to enjoy the wonderful scents provided. I think this is probably my favourite of the lot, and it comes in at £50 - not cheap, but just think how much enjoyment can be had from it.
I have been lusting after the Laura Mercier La Petite Patisserie Creme de Pistache Quartet since Christmas. All the products smell absolutely divine, from the Souffle Body Creme and Creme Body Wash to the hand cream and Eau Gourmande - literally like you have just stepped out of a French bakery. I don't know a mum who deosn't like hand creams, and I think the scent of this little lot is enough to win anyone over.
If you're after something calming and relaxing, but without the hefty price tag, then I love the look of the The White Company Orange Grove Signature Candle, which is a more purse-friendly £20.
And if all else fails, you can always give her an Indulgent Spa Day Experience (£199), some delicious Marks and Spencer Mini Macaroons, or of course the classic bunch of flowers - my favourite this year is the Marks and Spencers Spring Bouquet, £30.

I hope this have given you a few ideas if you were feeling a bit stuck, and if not then perhaps you've seen something you might like to treat yourself to!
What are your plans for Mother's Day?
I hope you have a lovely day.

xx

8 comments:

  1. Did you see my post on Mother's Day gifts?

    http://willowsworld92.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/mothers-day-gifts-my-not-so-typical-mum.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really sweet ideas. My mom is completely impossible to buy for, she's never worn makeup, doesn't use face creams etc, hates candles, doesn't wear much jewellery. As bad as it sounds, I dread Mother's Day, her birthday etc until I know I have her present haha!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that must be really difficult! I always dread buying for men, as I NEVER know what to get them. Plus, my other half is SO picky, don't think I've ever managed to get it 100% right even after five years, unless I've bought him something he's had before and liked!xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post :) You made me remember to congradulate my mother :)

    My nail polish blog nails-and-more.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those macaroons look so yummy!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk