Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Done and Dusted:January/February Empties






I don't often do empties posts, mainly as it seems to take me far longer to get to the bottom of a product than anyone else. I think I'd put it down to being easily bored, as no sooner have I ascertained that a product could be doing more for me, or that it doesn't quite live up to the hype, than I'm on the hunt for something new. The trouble is, finding something that 100% does do what it says on the tin can prove difficult, so at times it can be a fruitless search.
Anyway, more about that later. Let's see what I've 'got to the bottom of' over the past couple of months.

1. Redken All Soft Conditioner
This was one of those products that, for the first few weeks, seemed to be incredibly helpful to my straw-like ends, which were in a bad way back when I first had my hair ombred. Unfortunately, I can confirm that they are in more or less the same condition today -it seemed that after that initial period where it was making the difference that nothing else would, it suddenly ceased to have any effect whatsoever on my locks. My hair no longer began to feel silky upon application in the shower, and looked just as distressed once it had tried. On that basis, I'd have to say that I won't be repurchasing - it's not the cheapest of conditioners, and there are high-street brands that are just the same in terms of what they can do for me.

2. John Frieda Smooth Start Repairing Shampoo
I did quite like using this shampoo, but I think without a really good conditioner and mask, it's hard for any benefits it may be giving to shine through. I can't really say one way or the other what, if anything, it's done for me, but that's often the case with shampoos. They work best as part of a team, so while I might buy this again, I would feel inclined to get some of the other products in the range so that then I could really get a clear picture.

3. Origins Modern Friction
Now this one is something I do love. It's got a refreshing lemony scent, and is fantastic for those days when you've got a bt of flakey skin -which in my case tends to occur on my nose, if at all. Just massage a bit of this over the offending area for about a minute, add some water, rinse and voila - smooth skin. Repurchase? Why yes.

4. Origins Make a Difference Cleansing Milk
I got this for Christmas, as part of the Make a Difference Moisture Makers gift set. It smells absolutely divine (think fresh, juicy oranges), and was an absolute pleasure to use. The only downside is that, being a milk, I didn't find it that effective in removing makeup, so you end up using quite a lot of product as you have to double cleanse. On that basis, I unfortunately probably wouldn't purchase again, but if they made this into a cream/hot cloth cleanser then I'd be all over it.

5. Origins Make a Difference Skin Rejuvenating Serum
I absolutely adored this. Like the cleansing milk, it had that same fantastically fruity fragrance, and it left my skin feeling SO hydrated, soft and plumped. I would love to repurchase this and keep it for either morning or evening, as I feel that I need to be using an anti-ageing one too in my daily routine.

6. Origins Gin Zing Eye Cream
This is one of those products that was really hyped up, and at first I thought it was a complete disappointment. However, as I mentioned recently, I then tried a couple of other eye creams, and it was only  when I came back to Gin Zing that I noticed the difference it made. I wouldn't say it has any long-term benefits, but when you pop some on in the mornings it certainly brightens the under-eye area and improves the appearance of dark circles.. Don't expect it to completely banish them though, and the same goes for puffiness. But then, can you show me an eye cream that truly does? I think I will repurchase this, as it's become a morning time staple, and I'm yet to come across anything I'd replace it with.

Which products have you used up this month?
Hope you're having a lovely week.

xx

10 comments:

  1. Defo need some more origins products in my life! xx

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend them, my skin is a huge fan - I've really notice the difference since I ran out of these!xx

      Delete
  2. I now want to try the make a difference range just for the scent. lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, it smells soooo good! Definitely recommend. Have you tried the drinkup mask? That's definitely the nicest smelling skincare product I've tried xx

      Delete
  3. Origins Rejuvinating Serum sounds wonderful Mel - in fact all the Origins products sound good! It's a brand I really want to try out but just not had chance yet. The John Freida shampoo looks interesting - maybe as you say would be best used with other products from the range - if you try anything else out to work with it keep us posted please? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do Jenny - let me know if you try Origins too xx

      Delete
  4. I love modern friction too!

    p.s RE ur instagram comment... i use the elemis bath as a moisturiser too! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, not just me then - it's so good isn't it!xx

      Delete
  5. Origins products sound really wonderful as skincare, however I never try any of them yet since I have such sensitive skin and it tends to break out whenever I use new products. Your post makes me want to try out the serum! ^_^
    xx, Indira from cherietmoi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could try their Mega Mushroom range? I'm pretty sure that's designed for sensitive skin. If you do then let me know how you get on :)xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk