Saturday, September 8, 2012

Weekend Wishlist


5. Chain Insert Jumper  6. & 7. MUA Constellations in Pisces and Scorpio (available from 26th September) 


11. Alesha Boots   12. Wine Dip Hem Skirt

I've given in this week, and finally my Wishlist has well and truly entered the A/W zone, rather than stradling it along with summer, as it has been doing for the past few weeks. I still wasn't ready to let summer go, what with all the gorgeous clothes still in the shops, and the wardrobe-full I had yet to unleash. But now it has become apparent that I am fighting a lost cause, so who am I to stand in the way of all the lovely wintery warmers and rich, festive shades hitting stores?
Wine seems to be a strong trend again this A/W, and one that I'm more than happy to embrace. As well as digging out my burgundy jeans from last winter, I'll also be updating my wardrobe with this gorgeous dip-hem skirt. After I had created my wishlist, I noticed that Miss Selfridge are also doing the Ostrich effect bag in wine, and I think I prefer it to the brown one, so that's going to be another must-have.
The thing I am most excited about on my wishlist this week is 100% the new MUA Nail Constellations, out on 26th September. These are basically pots of teeny tiny beads which will adhere to nail polish, so they can be used to create a plethora of different nail art designs or just worn covering the nails, which I think looks pretty darn good. There are five to choose from - Libra, Gemini, Scorpio, Leo and Pisces, and they will be available for the bargainous price of £3 from Superdrug. If, like me, you just can't wait until then, then check out MUA's Facebook page here to have a nose and see the other colours available. Personally, I am in love with all of them, and am so glad that MUA have stuck to their reasonable prices for these innovative little gems.

This weekend I think I'm going to be having another relaxed one. I had the day off yesterday, so the hubby and I spent the afternoon lounging around a coffee shop drinking hazelnut lattes and reading - me, Fifty Shades and him Mockingjay (the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy). Actually, I started reading the Hunger Games books before he did, and when I told him about them he somehow managed to claim them for himself, so I'm still waiting on him to finish Mockingjay so that I can get my teeth into it! I suppose you could say that's why I've ended up reading Fifty Shades, as despite my original protests, I needed something to fill a gap, and it was there. Ok, I might as well be honest - yes, I was intrigued by all the hype surrounding it, but I had genuinely had no intention of reading it. And yet here we are. I'm not finding it too bad so far, but I have to say, I find the character of Anastasia Steele unbelievably annoying. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it and may want to, but the way she keeps biting her lip (by chapter ten, she must have done this at least twenty times) is really starting to grind my gears. How repetitive can you be!? Anyway, I will reserve further judgement until I have finished the book, as I am only just about to get to the juicy bit, but as yet I can't see myself picking up the other two books in the trilogy.

Tonight it's Skyping, blogging and cups of tea for me.
Do you have any exciting plans?
What's on your Wishlist this week?

xx

7 comments:

  1. I must have that skirt! And those shoes! Damnit I need to go shopping. Love this post Mel, but now I'm going to be broke because of it!

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to be really good this Autumn but am already loving the look of the Ostrich Effect Bag. Relaxing in a coffee shop for the afternoon sounds like heaven, can't remember doing that for years! Following you through GFC courtesy of the BBU Blog Hop!

    Jen :)

    http://beautyandthebiryani.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the burgundy trend - that skirt is gorgeous! I love those trousers too, I'd love to find the perfect patterned trousers but I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull them off!

    Love your blog - started following. Found your link on BBU Blog Hop :)

    Kat x

    beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could pull them off - anyone can if you go for the right cut to suit your body shape. It can be a bit difficult to find things to wear with them though as there are only so many basics and neutrals you can pair them with before you start to feel like you're wearing the same - that's why I like this particular pair, as being quite neutral themselves they will go with lots more things :)xx

      Delete
  4. I love that skirt! It's such a beautiful colour. I'd actually wear all of those clothes. Lovely blog! Started following you from the BBU Blog Hop.


    Love Becca xx
    http://rebeccaalicebeldam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I definitely need the skirt, I've been after a dip hem for ages and this one will look great with bare legs now or with tights when it gets cold :)xx

      Delete
  5. I love the jumper the jumper, I can't wait for autumn to come. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk