Monday, September 17, 2012

Laura Mercier Deep Cleansing Clay Mask: Review



When I purchased this mask, I had been after a clay mask to clarify my skin and draw out any impurities for a fair while. Actually, I had pretty much forgotten about their existence, having not used one in years, but when my skin started breaking out slightly more often than it used to and becoming a little bit oily in areas I knew it was time for a little TLC.

The Laura Mercier Deep Cleansing Clay Mask is pink in colour, and a thick paste in consistency. It doesn't have any kind of added scent, so it just smells like clay, and it spreads easily over the skin without making any mess. However, I would advise you to wash your hands carefully after use unless you want pink marks all over your towels!
The mask is left on for about ten minutes, and in that time it dries in the same way that the majority of clay masks do. You can then remove it with warm water and a wash cloth.
I enjoy using this mask, but if I'm honest, I can't say that I have noticed any special results after using it. Yes, it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. But does it unblock the pores or do away with blackheads? Well, no - at least, not for me.
I will continue to use it from time to pamper myself, as let's be honest, who doesn't love slathering on a face mask, putting the kettle on and having a bit of me-time? But if I really need something to deeply cleanse my pores then I suppose I will have to keep looking!

Do you use clay/clarifying masks as part of your beauty routine? If so, which is your favourite?

xx



9 comments:

  1. Hey hon, have you tried the Clinique Anti Blemish Clay mask? I use it whenever I have breakouts and it seems to work :) xx

    http://makeupbeautyshopping.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, no - will most definitely look into that one though as I love Clinique. Although, I've had far more luck with their makeup than skincare in the past, but I was probably just using the wrong products for my skin type as I was very young at the time.xx

      Delete
  2. I have a warming mineral one from the body shop. It cleans put your pores. I never use it too close to a night out because it brings everything out and I have spots for a few days but then they disappear. Will maybe look into this one. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds nice, although I do hate that doing good for our skin involves suffering with spots along the way - argh!xx

      Delete
  3. Clarins does a lovely pink clay mask which is nice and gentle...but like you im not sure how much it really helps my pores! Ive also used superdrugs own which works well for me but I can only use it when my skins really bad because its a little harsh and dries my skin out!
    So Im still searching for one thats just the right balance like yourself!
    Nicole
    xox

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the Origins one for a while - which doesn't really live up to it's expectations. But the one from REN is amazing! Will repurchase that once I finish up the one from Origins ;-) x

    Raves 'nd Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which Origins one is that? I've been thinking of trying the charcoal one but not sure it'll be worth the money!xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk