Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Agenda




I absolutely cannot believe that today is 1st August! It is freaking me out how quickly this year is going, it's almost time to start thinking about Christmas again already! Too early to start compiling my Christmas Wishlist!? No, never! Just as well really, as I actually do have a bit of a mental one going on in my head already! 

Anyway, being the first of the month, it's time to dust off July's Agenda and see how I did with my little tasks, and also to set some new ones for the coming month.



So, here were the things I had hoped to achieve in the month of July:

1. Learn to do a fish-tail plait/braid.
Mission accomplished. I actually did this one on the same day as I put up the post. Check me out, being all organised and one step ahead. You'd think that boded well for the rest of the month, wouldn't you? Yeah.....

2. Bake Macaroons and Slutty Brownies.
Fail. And this one isn't even a chore! To be honest, I think the fact that my husband's family fed us so much cake when we went to stay with them kind of put me off a bit - I literally felt sick by the time we left to come home! And I've also been ill three times this month. Maybe next time!?

3. Save my pennies.
Well. Isn't that ironic. I did indeed save as many pennies as I possibly could this month.....and then, as many of you will already know, my car essentially died and cost me a LOT more than the pittence I had saved. So actually, it was like I took this task...and achieved the complete opposite. Yay. Oh well, not to worry -  apparently I (and most of the other #bbloggers on Twitter) have won a small fortune on the South African lottery without even playing it, so all our financial problems are soon to be a thing of the past! 
(Just in case anyone missed the sarcasm there....yeah, that's what it was).

4. Get away.
I don't think this one needs much of an explanation. It didn't happen!

5. Blog every day.
Huzzah- I'm going to give myself a gold star for this one, as even though I didn't technically blog every single day, the only exceptions were when I was ill and when I was having internet problems, and in spite of this I still finished the month on thirty five posts! Win!

6. Do something crafty.
Well. I cut up an old t-shirt I never wear and made it into something else I will never wear. Does that count?
In my defence, I have ordered some studs from Ebay, so expect to see everything I own, including my dog, covered in those very soon.

So, I scored a grand total of............................2 out of 6. How embarrassing. But do you know what? I'm not really all that bothered, as I feel that I've achieved a lot this month anyway. Blogging as consistently as I have was the most important challenge to me, and I have also managed to get some exercise most days and do some more work on my secret little venture, so I feel quite satisfied in spite of my score for the month!



August's Agenda will be as follows:

1. Plan looooads of extra activities for my classes in advance.
Some of you will know that I teach English as a foreign language, and lessons start again next week. I always try to plan lots of fun activities to keep my pupils' enthusiasm levels up, but often, they only last me until about half way through the term, and then I am desperately looking for more! So this time, I am going to make sure I have more than enough at the ready so that I don't have to stress about it later on.

2. Finish my secret project.
I'm afraid I can't really tell you much about this one until it's ready, but let's just say it is a new little business venture of mine. Hopefully, I will finally be ready to reveal all in next month's recap!

3. Keep up the daily exercise.
Self explanatory, really.

4. Have a nice day out with the hubby!
Again, this one is penny-permitting, but I'm including it anyway as I wish to start the month with optimism!

Just those four for this month I think, as the first two are going to be taking up a lot of my time!

(By the way, the photos in this post are just a couple of my favourite Instagram pics from the past month.)

What tasks and activities have you got planned for yourselves over the coming month? Do you find setting yourselves goals helpful?



xx

1 comment:

  1. 2 out of 6 ain't bad! I want to learn how to do a fish braid! Can't wait until you reveal your business!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk