Thursday, July 19, 2012

Desire of the Day #3


Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

I know, I know - BB creams are sooo two months ago. But, unbelievably,  I haven't actually tried one yet. When they first came out, I was very close to buying Garnier's offering, but after seeing some bad reviews, I decided against it, and since then, I have become a little bit obsessed with experimenting with different foundations and tinted moisturisers, so much so that I haven't got round to giving BB creams a look in. I have been loving the tinted moisturisers, and didn't feel that I needed to try any of them. Until recently, I hadn't really read any good reviews of any of them, so I was sort of of the mind-set that it was one of those things where it was a lot of Hype about nothing. 
However, recently, I have found myself eye-ing up the Dr. Jaart + range, as I have heard nothing but wonderful things. But now that Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream has come to my attention, I think I am going to go for this one instead. For a start, it's SPF35, which, let's face it, is a huge helping hand in summer (well, it would be, if the sun ever showed it's face!), as I hate having to re-apply suntan lotion repeatedly, and am not usually one to go completely bare-faced. I just can't do it - I feel naked! But equally, I am more of a light to medium coverage kind of girl, and in summer I want something really weightless, that won'tweigh down my skin or clog my pores. I have tried a few samples from Smashbox before and really enjoyed them, so I shall let you know when I have got my paws on this one, and what I think!

Hope everyone is having a good week - almost the weekend!

Have you tried any BB Creams?
What did you think of them?

xx

8 comments:

  1. I havent tried BB creams either. I love smashbox, so this sounds really good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give it a try then let me know your thoughts :) xx

      Delete
  2. i really need to read up on this whole BB cream craze! i feel so out of the loop haha great post lovely xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, you're not the only one as I am yet to try one!xx

      Delete
  3. I love BB creams, been using my beloved Garnier one but I do want to try this one out myself :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such mixed reviews of the Garnier one! It seems to be a love/hate product, think I might give it a try now just out of curiosity!
      xx

      Delete
  4. The first BB cream I tried was the Garnier one which was awful, didn't blend, was very thick and a terrible colour match. However I've recently fallen in love with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream, it gives you a gorgeous glowing and natural complexion. I did a review on it on my blog if you want to read more about it :) newest follower! xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, I will definitely have a read of that, as that's another one I've been wanting to try. I've actually got a sample coming to me in the post, so will probably blog about that once I've tried it. I'm not usually much of a fan of Maybelline for foundations and other bases, so I'm interested to see how I find it!xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk