Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day to Day Makeup: New Favourites


Makeup:
Benefit Erase Paste Concealer in Shade 02
Revlon Photoready Makeup in Shade 008 Golden Beige
Benefit Dallas (contour)
Benefit Coralista Blush
L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara
Random brown eyeliner I picked up in Brazil (sorry, I'm not sure of the brand as the writing has rubbed off!)
Mac Amplified Creme Lipstick in Vegas Volt

Hi lovelies, sorry about the lack of post yesterday. My internet, surprise surprise, has been misbehaving again!

I thought I'd share a little 'Face of the Day' post with you today, as I have got my hands on some new make-up goodies in the past week or so, and am pleased to bits with the results!
Now, let me just say first that for some reason, I am really unphotogenic. I don't know why, but it is just near on impossible to get a good, natural looking shot of me! I always either end up looking drunk or drained, no matter how much make-up I've got on! 
So that brings me onto my first product success, which is Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation. Now, I know this has been around for a while, but I hadn't tried it before as I usually tend to stick to my higher-end foundations, having had little success with pharmacy/drugstore offerings in the past. But I was running a little bit low on funds, and had heard good things about it, so I decided to give it a whirl. Well, as you can see, it doesn't exactly remedy the drunk-eye effect in the photo, but it DOES make my skin look a zillion times better and much more glowy than if I was wearing something different! I'm actually going to do a full review on this later in the week, so I won't harp on about it too much now, but I thought it deserved a mention as I really am rather pleased with it!
I also got my paws on Benefit face powders Coralista, Dallas and Hoola this week, in sample sizes, which I'm really excited about as I have wanted them for ages. Well, so far, they certainly haven't disappointed, and I've been really enjoying using Dallas and Coralista together. Again, they have given me a really healthy glow, and I think Coralista might turn out to be my new favourite blush!
This is just a simple make-up look, as you can see. No eyeshadow or elaborate eye makeup. I like to wear this look on a day to day basis, and save more dramatic looks for night time.
Excuse my slight frizz-head and disobedient fringe in the pic!

Anyway, hope everyone is really well and having a lovely week!

xx

13 comments:

  1. Lovely look! :)
    (Don't worry, you don't look drunk! Hehe)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, pretty sure I do, but oh well, haha xx

      Delete
  2. so prettyyy! love the lip color :) glad to hear you're liking the benefit products so far :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I'm really enjoying the Benefit bits, although I've been a bit disappointed with Hoola - it's not as good as I thought it would be, having heard all the hype!xx

      Delete
  3. ooohh, i'm a HUGE fan of vegas volt! one of these days i'll actually buy it -- it looks so gosh darn pretty on you!!
    hope all is well my dear :)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it's my favourite shade. You should definitey buy it, I think it would suit you and it's so lovely for summer :) xx

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to your review of Photo Ready as it didn't work for me! Wah ! =( lol

    luxenlush.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, rubbish! I liked it actually :) xx

      Delete
  5. The lipstick suits you so well! It is one of my fave shades but it just doesn't suit me. I am always at their counter pondering about whether i should buy it or not. Its too bright on me but it looks gorgeous on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it didn't suit me when I first got it too, but I loved it so much I just wore it anyway, determined, haha. And now I am used to seeing it on I think it does look nice, though I am always a bit unsure when I first apply it!xx

      Delete
  6. Great makeup! The colours suit you really well! :)
    xxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lipstick looks great on you!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk