Monday, June 18, 2012

Mac Mineralize Blush in Gleeful: Review




This was another one of those rushed, jet-lagged airport purchases, and like the foundation and lipsticks I've mentioned previously, I came away with the wrong colour. When I say wrong, I mean that I am usually more of a rosy pink, peach or coral kind of girl, and this one immediately seemed as though it would be much too dark for me.

Described by Mac as a 'deep, dirty blue-pink with gold pearl', Gleeful is, for me, much more of a reddish, plummy colour than I would usually go for. It's really finely milled and has a lovely soft texture.
With Gleeful, I find that a little does go a really long way, and due to this I think it's going to take me forever to actually hit pan! It requires only a light dusting on the cheekbones and gives a lovely, healthy flush.
It is buildable, but I can't see that you'd really want to layer it up too much, as the effect would be much too harsh. However, this shade would be really pretty and flattering on darker skin tones, and those of you who fall into this category could definitely afford to be a bit more adventurous with it.

Here it is swatched on tha back of my hand (left) next to the MSF in Soft and Gentle.




I do like to use this blush along with the highlighter as I feel that it creates a softer look. While this is a pretty blush, it's not something I usually go for when it comes to every-day looks, and I feel that shades such as Dainty, Warm Soul and Merrily would be the blushes I would reach for more often.
I have actually ordered myself Dainty, so I will be sure to do a review and comparison whenever it arrives.

Do you own any of Mac's Mineralize blushes? What do you think of them? Do you have a favourite shade?

xx



14 comments:

  1. i was just in MAC and i didn't buy anything, even though i had the skin finish you recently posted on my list of things to buy! :(
    ahh well. i have this habit of talking myself out of buying things that i REALLY don't need, and this was one of those moments. ha!
    but i totally saw this color in MAC, and i agree -- i was sort of turned off by the color.
    i have warm soul, though! it's really beautiful -- it goes well with my olive/yellow skin. i blend it with "peaches" and it's perfection! and i totally agree about the "buildable" part. i feel like mineralized blushes last so much longer -- you barely pick up any with your brush!
    hope all is well :)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you were in there and you didn't buy anything, you're so restrained! Haha. To be honest though, I do the same with lots of stuff.
      I really want to get Warm Soul, it looks lovely!x

      Delete
  2. For some reason I have always looked over the mineralised blushes and headed straight for the cream. This looks like it has such a nice texture though, I definitely need to check them out! Great post! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the cream blushes yet, really want to though as I love the different finish they give and have seen some really pretty shades recently x

      Delete
  3. Wish there was a MAC counter at Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport)! But The blush looks nice on your hand though! I'm sure it'll look lovely on your face as well, maybe it just takes some time to get used to : ) x

    ravesndramblings.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wear it from time to time, have to be really light with it though and then it does look nice. It's just that I find other shades suit me better x

      Delete
  4. This blush looks lovely. I've been looking for a decent blush for ages, and I have another of the mineralise skin products from MAC , which I adore, so I will Deffo take a look into buying! xo

    domandellie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to get my hands on some more, in other shades! :) x

      Delete
  5. It looks like a great product- like you it's too dark for my complexion. However I like to fact it can be built up and layered with highlighter :)

    Love, Elizabeth xX

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are some other lovely shades worth trying though :) x

      Delete
  6. I so want to get MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle...in fact I've just had to take it out of my online basket because I really can't afford it just now! I can see what you mean about this blush being a little too red toned for a your complexion but hopefully it can be sheered out to be lovely a wearable for summer!

    -Alice
    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft and Gentle is lovely, and it really goes with any blush because of the neutral shade.
      I know what you mean, I am constantly filling and then emptying my shopping basket, haha x

      Delete
  7. I love love love Gleeful - its one of my favourite blushes EVER!!

    Grace www.allthatslap.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s definitely worth the hype! :D
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Urban Decay Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk