Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekend Favourites and Little Catch-up

Hi everyone, hope you've all been outside sunning yourselves, or alternatively, sipping a cool drink in the shade on this gorgeous weekend! Sunny weather must have the most made of it!
Sadly, though, I have not been able to do so myself, as I have been holed up in bed with a nasty cold all weekend, and it's showing no signs of letting up any time soon! Not best pleased about that, as besides the sunshine, I had several beauty review blogposts planned for you lovelies, but as you can imagine, I didn't really think my face was up to being photographed at the moment, and I really want to show you the products in all their glory! So, for now, I will just share my usual Weekend Favourites with you, and will press on with reviewing those goodies as soon as I am feeling better.
 To give you a taste of what to expect, I've got some L'oreal Colour Riche lipsticks, an Urban Decay Midnight Emergency palette, L'oreal Volume Million lashes mascara, Mac Mineralize blush in Dainty, and a Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart all ready to go, plus a Mac foundations comparison post, an Ebay Haul and the remaining two posts in my Favourite Hair Products series. Phew! And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
I also just wanted to say a quick sorry for letting the frequency of my posts slip over the last few weeks. I have been having a really busy time of it, what with working more hours, moving house, and life just generally getting in the way. From now on, I hereby promise that you can expect five posts from me per week - no excuses!

So, on to my Weekend Favourites.
This week, the theme of my little selection for you is my favourite products of the moment!
So here are a few of my top picks.

Favourite Foundation or Tinted Moisturiser:


Estee Lauder Invisible Makeup in shade 2WN1.

I actually got a sample of this free in a magazine (I think it was Glamour?) a few weeks ago, and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. Despite Estee Lauder being a high end brand, I have never really been one for tinted moisturiser type products, as though I have good skin, it does still need evening out in tone, and all the tinted moisturisers I've tried before have been disappointing (bar Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint).
How wrong could I be? I used this little beauty over the space of a week and was wearing it every day, and I can honestly say that I absolutely love it. Of course, it was good luck that my sample shade was the perfect match for my skin tone. But when this goes on, it literally disappears into your skin, somehow seeming to take all the little imperfections with it! It is a really light, liquidy formula, and really doesn't feel like you've applied anything more than a moisturiser. It evens everything out and gives you a really pretty, healthy glow. I was devastated when the sample ran out, and am going to be buying myself some more immediately! When I do, I will provide you with some photographic evidence of how lovely this is, as I stupidly didn't think to take any snaps at the time!
(£27 for a full size bottle).

Favourite Mascara

L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara
(£10.99)

Now, I'm not going to go into too much detail about this one, because I have a full review with demonstrative pictures coming up this week, and believe me, you need to see those pictures to see how good it is.
What I will say is that I am rarely impressed with a mascara, as I feel that they never do what they profess to, and I feel like I have found a mascara for life here. I have no need to change because this one is just great. 
I use brown for day and black for night.

Favourite Lipstick(s)



Mac Amplified in Vegas Volt
(£13.50)

Sorry, but it's going to take a lot to knock this one off my topspot. I got this back in March and I still can't get enough of the gorgeous coral shade. The formula is creamy, moisturising and long-lasting. What more could I want?


Favourite Nail Polishes


Essie Sure Shot

Essie Mint Candy Apple

A gorgeous, long wearing raspberry metallic polish with subtle flecks of blue glitter and a cute Spring pastel. I can't decide which one I like the most! 
Essie Polishes are £9.95 from Nails by Mail.

Favourite Highlighter (liquid)
Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator
(£20)

I am currently using shade 01 (Natural) mixed in with my foundation, and I love the dewy glow it gives. Liquid highlighters are so versatile, and that's what I love about this one.
Here's a swatch for you (below right). (On the left is Clinique Almost Makeup Tinted Moisturiser, which I have yet to experiment with).





I think I'll leave it there for now, as I don't want to make this post ridiculously long - so many lovely blogs for you to catch up on!
Please feel free to let me know what you'd like to see in my favourites next weekend, you are always welcome to leave suggestions in the comments box below, and I'd also love to hear your thoughts on this week's picks!

xx





2 comments:

  1. I love this post! and i am looking forward to the others soon :) Hope you get better soon. Lots of love


    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk